MacOS Instructions – Step 1
You are viewing instructions for MacOS. Instructions for Windows can be found here.
1. Computer Equipment Requirement
Prior to taking the test, please check your Apple computer has the following. Note you can only use a single monitor connected to your computer.
64 bit Latest MacOS (minimum MacOS 10.13)
500 MB data storage space
Upload speed of 1Mbps and Download speed of 2Mbps
Speakers (headphones can not be used)
Microphone on for the duration of the test
Camera on throughout the entire test and uncovered
Access to your email for your Speaking test
2. Programs you need to download before the test
To complete IELTS Indicator, you are required to download the Inspera Exam Portal (IEP) & Zoom. These programs need to be downloaded prior to test day. Please see instructions below:
1. Download Inspera Exam Portal (IEP)
As the test is online to make sure it’s secure, you are required to download and take the test within the Inspera Exam Portal (IEP). To download please follow the below steps:
- Download the IEP file by clicking on this link. If it doesn’t download, ensure your antivirus and/or firewall isn’t blocking the IEP. Refer to the Troubleshooting Guide if you require further help.
- Before installing, go to Security & Privacy settings, and under the General tab, ensure that you select “App Store and identified developers” as shown. This is necessary for installation or it may not run properly.
- The downloaded .dmg file will be added to your downloads folder. To begin installing, click on .dmg file downloaded.
- After installation is complete, you need to move the Inspera Exam Portal (IEP) App into the Applications folder. You can do that by simply dragging it into the folder.
- Inspera Exam Portal (IEP) should now be available in the Launchpad.
2. Get ready to use Zoom for your speaking test
If you have performed the above steps successfully, your computer is ready to go. Please ensure you complete the IEP readiness computer check prior to taking IELTS Indicator. You will be emailed two days before the test with details.
If you have encountered any problems, please refer to the Troubleshooting Guide or contact us via email (the email address for your region has been provided in your booking confirmation email).