MacOS Instructions – Step 2
Computer Check prior to Test Day
Two days before you take your test, you will be sent log in details (if it hasn’t come through please check your junk mail). Please note these log in details are for the Listening, Reading and Writing sections of your test. Speaking details are sent separately.
It’s important to make sure your computer is ready to go and the Inspera Exam Portal (IEP) has been installed correctly. Please note IEP needs to be downloaded prior to completing this check. Click here to go back to the previous step, if you have not yet installed IEP.
Check your Inspera Exams Portal (IEP)
To perform your IEP check, please follow the below instructions:
- Click the Inspera Exams Portal (IEP) in your applications folder to launch IEP.
- To check that your system is ready, please click through the tabs along the top of the screen.
- Click Next to continue.
- Once you reach the Log In page, enter your username and password received via email.
- On the next step, you will see two test options, make sure you select the test called IEP readiness check.
- Enter the pin code sent to you via email.
- First, it will check your remote proctoring support. You can only have one monitor connected. If you have multiple ones connected, you will need to disconnect them from your device. Once it says “this step is successfully completed”, click Next to continue.
- It will test your microphone. Please test your microphone by talking into your computer, it should register in the green area.
- Once it has confirmed your sound it will say successfully completed, click Next to continue.
- Check your webcam is working, ensure you are in a well lit room.
- You will now be asked to take a photo to confirm your identity. You need to have the same photo ID document with you that you registered with.
- Make sure you are in a well-lit space and your face is clearly visible within the circle. The photo will not be approved if you move outside this space and you will not be able to proceed if it is not aligned correctly.
- When you are ready click take photo.
- If the next button hasn’t turned blue you need to take your photo again, once successful the next button will be blue, click next to proceed.
- You will now take a photo of your photo ID document. Make sure it is the same one you registered with.
- Show your ID to the camera, it must be within the pink lines. When you are ready take photo and click Next.
- You have now finished your IEP check. Please exit by selecting exit IEP in the top right corner of your screen.
If you have performed the above steps successfully, your computer is ready to go for your Listening, Reading and Writing test.
If you have encountered any problems, please refer to the Troubleshooting Guide or contact us via email (the email address for your region has been provided in your booking confirmation).