Windows Instructions – Step 1
You are viewing instructions for Windows. Instructions for MacOS can be found here.
1. Computer Equipment Requirement
Prior to taking the test, please check you have administration rights and your Windows computer has the following. Note you can only use a single monitor connected to your computer.
64 bit, Windows 10 (minimum Windows 7)
500 MB of data storage space
Upload speed of 1Mbps and Download speed of 2Mbps
Speakers (Headphones can not be used)
Microphone on for the duration of the test
Camera on and uncovered for the duration of the test
Access to your email for your Speaking test
2. Programs you need to download before the test
To complete IELTS Indicator, you are required to download the Inspera Exam Portal (IEP) & Zoom. To install these programs you require administration access and the programs need to be downloaded prior to test day. Please see instructions below:
1. Download Inspera Exam Portal (IEP)
As the test is online – to make sure it’s secure, you are required to download and take the test within the Inspera Exam Portal (IEP). To download please follow the below steps:
- Download the IEP file by clicking on this link. If it doesn’t download, ensure your antivirus and/or firewall isn’t blocking the IEP. Refer to the Troubleshooting Guide if you require further help.
- Once downloaded, open the file in recent downloads (named Inspera-Exam-Portal). A wizard installation window will pop up. Click Next.
- Read and accept the terms, click Next.
- Click on Install to finish installation.
- IEP should be successfully installed. Click Finish to close the installation wizard.
2. Get ready to use Zoom for your speaking test
Please follow the below steps:
- Download Zoom here. Ensure your account name is the same as the name used for test registration
- Once downloaded, check that your microphone and camera are working by entering a practice Zoom test here
- If you have any issues with Zoom, please visit their support page
- To ensure you are ready on test day, download the Speaking Guide
If you have performed the above steps successfully, your computer is ready to go. Please ensure you complete the IEP readiness check prior to taking IELTS Indicator. You will be emailed two days before the test with details. If you have encountered any problems, please refer to the Troubleshooting Guide or contact us via email (the email address for your region has been provided in your booking confirmation email).